LBSC 878 - Information Storage and Retrieval
Spring 2005 - Section 0101
This page contains instructional resources for the students in LBSC
878. Information will be updated as it becomes available.
| Section || Days || Time (P.M.) || Classroom
| 0101 || Monday || 1:00-3:45 || HBK 2119
- Course Description
- A description of course goals, the approach, the instructional
staff and their office hours, required and recommended
materials, and grading procedures.
- An overview of the material to be covered in each
session and the readings and assignments.
Links to some of the materials used in class each week are also
- Required Reading List
- Detailed information about the reading assignments for each
- Supplemental Readings
- Detailed information about additional readings on each weeks
topics that students may find to be of interest. Students are
expected to read at least two additional papers beyond those
assigned this week. Those papers can be selected from this
list or found in other ways.
- Paper Critique
- Criteria for in class paper critiques.
- Survey Topics, Survey Guidelines
- Topics selected for in depth survey and class presentation by
- Research Papers
- Original research conducted, written up, and presented by the
- The students who are taking the course this semester.
- Sample Final Exam Questions
- Sample final examination questions
- Seminar series on the Maryland campus and in the surrounding
area that sometimes have speakers on topics related to this
- Other Information Retrieval Courses
- These course web pages have a wealth of useful information, and
they offer alternative perspectives on the material that we
- Some Useful Research Resources
- Links to information retrieval resources on
the Web that you might find useful.
- Previous Semesters
- Web pages from previous offerings of this course.
Last modified: Tue Jan 18 22:13:13 2005