I am a PhD candidate in Department of Computer Science, University of Maryland, College Park, working with Prof. David W. Jacobs. My research area is computer vision. I got my M.Phil. degree in the University of Hong Kong under supervision of Dr. Kenneth K.Y. Wong in 2012, and B.Eng degree in the University of Science and Technology of China in 2010.
- Research Intern at Adobe Research (May. 2018 - Aug. 2018)Mentor: Sunil Hadap
- Research Intern at Media Analytics group NEC Labs America (May. 2017 - Aug. 2017)Mentor: Quoc-Huy Tran and Manmohan Chandraker
- Research Intern at National ICT (NICTA) Australia (Jul. 2015 - Oct. 2015)Mentor: Jose M. Alvarez and Fatih Porikli Working in Compressing CNNs.
- Research Assistant at University of Hong Kong (Nov. 2012 - Jul. 2013)Adviser: Kenneth K.Y. Wong Working in face sketch synthesis.
- Label Denoising Adversarial Network (LDAN) for Inverse Lighting of Faces. Hao Zhou*, Jin Sun*, Yaser Yacoob, David W Jacobs. (* equal contribution) Proc. IEEE International Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR 2018, spotlight). [Paper ] | [Supplement ] | [bibtex] | [Poster] | [Slides] | [ Presentation]
- Residual Convolutional LSTM for Tweet Count Prediction. Hong Wei, Hao Zhou, Jangan Sankaranarayanan, Sudipta Sengupta and Hanan Samet WWW'18 Companion Proceedings of the The Web Conference 2018 (WWW 2018 workshop). [Paper ] | [bibtex]
- A Deep Cascade Network for Unaligned Face Attribute Classification. Hui Ding, Hao Zhou, Shaohua Kevin Zhou, Rama Chellappa. Proc. Association for the Advancement of Artificial Intelligence (AAAI 2018, spotlight). [Paper ] | [bibtex] | [Poster] | [Slides]
- Solving Uncalibrated Photometric Stereo Using Fewer Images by Jointly Optimizing Low-rank Matrix Completion and Integrability. Soumyadip Sengupta, Hao Zhou, Walter Forkel, Ronen Basri, Tom Goldstein, David W Jacobs. Journal of Mathematical Imaging and Vision (JMIV 2017). [Paper] | [bibtex]
- Less is More: Towards Compact CNNs. Hao Zhou, Jose M. Alvarez, Fatih Porikli. In Proc. European Conference on Computer Vision (ECCV 2016, spotlight). [Paper ] [Supplement ] [bibtex] | [Poster] | [Slides] | [Presentation]
- Evaluating Local Features for Day-Night Matching. Hao Zhou, Torsten Sattler, David W. Jacobs. In ECCV Workshop on Local Features: State of the Art, Open Problems and Performance Analysis (ECCV workshop 2016). [Paper] | [bibtex] | [Poster] | [Slides] | [Project Page] | [Dataset]
- Markov Weight Fields for Face Sketch Synthesis. Hao Zhou, Zhanghui Kuang, Kwan-Yee K. Wong. In Proc. IEEE International Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR 2012). [Paper] | [bibtex]
- Learning Image-Specific Parameters for Interactive Segmentation.
Zhanghui Kuang, Dirk Schnieders, Hao Zhou, Kwan-Yee K. Wong, Yizhou Yu, Bo Peng. In Proc. IEEE International Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR 2012). [Paper] | [bibtex]
- Accurate Foreground Segmentation without Pre-learning.
Zhanghui Kuang, Hao Zhou, Kwan-Yee K. Wong.
In Proc. International Conference on Image and Graphics (ICIG 2011). [Paper] | [bibtex]
About the protrait: Yes, it's me. Taken by Ke Zhai in Hong Kong several years agao. Please note that I am not that good looking in reality.