- Leila De Floriani
- Talk at Dagstuhl seminar on Foundations of Data Visualization (January 21-26 , 2018): Topological data analysis and topology-based visualization.
- Invited talk, University of Genova (Italy) March 2018: Spatial data analysis and visualization through topological techniques.
- Keynote speaker at the International Symposium CompIMAGE’18 (Cracow, Poland, July 2-5, 2018): Topology-based approaches for scientific data visualization.
- Invited speaker at the Peking Visualization School (Peking University, China), Jul 17, 2018: Fundamentals of topology-based data visualization.
- Invited talk, Tianjin University (China), July 18, 2018, Topology-based visual analytics: an overview.
- Panelist at ChinaVis 2018 on “The Opportunity and Challenges of Visualization in the New Era”, July 26, 2018.
- Sara Scaramuccia defended her PhD on May 23, 2018
- Federico Iuricich got a tenure-track position as Assistant Professor at Clemson University, USA