Information Retrieval Systems
Fall 2014 (Online)
This online course started on September 2, 2014.
- Course Description (Read this
- Description of course goals, prerequisites and corequisites,
contact information, grading procedures, and many other things.
- The course is organized as a set of 15 modules, each of which
should typically take a week to complete. Use this page
throughout the semester for links to the modules, with start
and end dates, and quick links to some other useful content.
- A direct link to a list of the required readings for each
module. These (and many other important things) are also
linked to from each module's Web page. For most modules, there
are also additional readings that
will be assigned to specific students.
- Project Videos
- Videos prepared by the students that describe their final
projects. Access to some videos is restricted to members of
- Final Exam
- Refer to this later in the semester for information about the
final exam. Some actual exams that were given in previous
semesters are available.
Additional Useful Materials
- Information Retrieval Software
- Links to sources of IR software (very useful for the project!).
- Information Retrieval Books and Papers
- Links to a wide range of books and papers describing
information retrieval techniques.
- Local Research Seminars
- Seminar series on the Maryland campus and in the surrounding
area that sometimes have speakers on topics related to this
- Prior Semesters
- A useful place to look if you want to see the materials as they
were used in prior semesters.
- Other Information Retrieval Courses
- Some other information retrieval courses.
Last modified: Mon Dec 15 06:27:25 2014